Applying as a Non-Degree Student

Applying as a Non-Degree Undergraduate Student
Applying as a Graduate Visiting Scholar

Applying as a Non-Degree Undergraduate Student

All visiting non-degree students at the undergraduate level must apply the the NYU College of Arts and Science (CAS) in order to take course in the Hebrew and Judaic Studies Department.  If you are interested in taking Hebrew language courses at NYU you must apply and be accepted as a visiting non-degree student first.  For more information about application procedures and the cost of fees and tuition, please visit the CAS Visiting Student Page

If you have specific questions about applying as a non-degree visiting student please contact the CAS Office of Special Programs:

NYU Office of University Programs
18 Washington Place
New York, NY, 10003
Student walk-in hours, 9-5pm

Applying as a Graduate Visiting Scholar 

The NYU Skirball Department of Hebrew and Judaic Studies recognizes there are a variety of resources at NYU and in the greater New York City area that Jewish Studies graduate students may want to utilize.  If you are interested in applying to become a Graduate Visiting Scholar please contact  The department accepts Graduate Visiting Scholar requests year round.  Please note, while Graduate Visiting Scholars have access to NYU Libraries and facilities, they cannot take courses.  Graduate courses are only open to matriculated students at NYU or consortium schools.


  • Must hold at least a bachelors degree or equivalent
  • Must be currently enrolled in a graduate program
  • Must be endorsed by an NYU faculty member